FRIED FISH AND SHRIMP
What’s in the Good:
- Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking Oil (I use Canola)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- Mama’s Good Good Kickin/Warm Seasoning to taste!
Making Something Good:
- Preheat oil in a large pot to 350 degrees ( I use my cast iron skillet, but you can use any large pan to fry up, just make sure it is heavy enough not to burn the oil)
- Mix all of the ingredients for the batter in a large freezer bag and shake well
- Drop the fish in the batter mix, coat well, and place in the hot oil (don’t overcrowd the pan, as it will lower the oil’s temperature and make the fish soggy). Cook until fish floats. When the fish begins to float, remove from oil and place on a rack to let the oil drip off.
- Repeat with the shrimp
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce!