PAN SEARED BUTTERFLY PORK CHOPS
What's In The Good
- 4 pork bone-in chops
- Mama's Good Good
- 2 tablespoons butter
Making The Good:
- Sprinkle Mama's Good Good on the pork chops (both sides), patting or rubbing in to make sure it sticks. Marinate for an hour.
- Thirty minutes before cooking, remove the chops from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet), heat 1 tbs butter until it's just barely starting to smoke, making the skillet hot enough to add a nice sear on the chops.
- Place the pork chops in the hot pan searing the meat until both sides have a lovely brown crust. This usually takes 2-3 minutes per side.
- When you have a nice crust on chops, transfer the pan into the preheated oven. Add the other tbs butter and finish cooking the pork chops in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork is 145 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 8-10 minutes before serving.
P.S. these are so Good. I will add a photo the next time I make them so that you can get a visual.